University of Missouri-St. Louis
Kwame Foundation Scholarship in support of the Marguerite Ross Barnett African American Scholarship
In April 2008 , KWAME set up an endowment in support of the University of Missouri-St. Louis African American Alumni Chapter's scholarship named in memory of late Chancellor Marguerite Ross Barnett.
Scholarship wil be awarded according to the following terms and conditions:
- Recipients must be full-time students (minimum of 12 hours) at the University of Missouri, with a preference given to those majoring in business or engineering;
- The recipients must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a four-point scale and must demonstrate need;
- Preference shall be given to African-American students so long as the law allows. Should the law change, preference shall be given to students graduating from one of the schools in the Saint Louis Public School District;
- The recipients shall be selected by the Office of Student Financial Aid;
- This scholarship is renewable as long as recipients maintain acceptable GPA requirements and at the discretion of the Office of Student Financial Aid.