Washington University School of Engineering
Robert F. Henry Memorial Scholarship
In February 2004, KWAME set up an Endowed Scholarship in the School of Engineering & Applied Science called "The Robert F. Henry Memorial Scholarship in Engineering."
Scholarship students must be enrolled into an engineering field of study, and demonstrate one or more of the following:
- High academic achievement and promise;
- Demonstrated experience with or commitment to serving or working with historically underserved or underprivileged populations;
- Demonstrated experience with or commitment to bringing diverse people together or in bridging divides among them;
- Experience overcoming substantial educational or economic obstacles;
- Experience confronting challenging social, economic, educational, clutural or other life circumstances;
- First generation of family to attend college;
- From rural or inncer-city areas.
"It is not every day that you get to know how you have impacted someone's life, but I just wanted to let you know how your support of my engineering scholarship at Washington University has changed mine."